Nokia today announced the N1, the first Nokia-branded Android TM tablet. The N1 offers the innovative, predictive Nokia Z Launcher interface, and a carefully crafted industrial design by Nokia with a focus on simplicity. The N1 will be brought to market in Q1 2015 through a brand-licensing agreement with an original equipment manufacturer (OEM) partner responsible for manufacturing, distribution, and sales.
“We are pleased to bring the Nokia brand back into consumers’ hands with the N1 Android tablet, and to help make sophisticated technologies simple,” said Sebastian Nyström, Head of Products at Nokia Technologies, who announced the N1 at the Slush technology conference in Helsinki. “The N1 has a delightfully intuitive interface and an industrial design to match it. This is a great product for Nokia fans and everyone who has not found the right Android tablet yet.”
The N1 is planned to be available for purchase in China in Q1 2015 for an estimated USD 249 before taxes, with the anticipation of expanding sales to other markets.
At its Slush 2014 conference in Finland, Nokia just introduced the N1, a brand new tablet running Android. The device features a sleek all-aluminum design, a 7.9-inch laminated display, a 64-bit quad-core Intel Atom Z358, 2GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, an 8MP rear camera, a 5MP front-facing camera, and a 5,300 mAh battery.
- 9-inch, 2048×1536 (4:3) IPS LCD with Gorilla Glass 3 and fully laminated zero air gap display
- 64-bit 2.3GHz Intel Atom Z3580 processor, PowerVR G6430 GPU with 2GB RAM
- 32GB built-in memory (non-expandable)
- 8-megapixel rear camera, 5-megapixel front camera
- Dual channel 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi with MIMO, Bluetooth 4.0
- Micro-USB 2.0 with a Type-C reversible connector
- Stereo speakers
- 5300mAh battery