VLC media player is a free and open source cross-platform multimedia player that plays most multimedia files as well as discs, devices, and network streaming protocols.
1. Watch Youtube Videos in VLC:
To watch youtube videos in VLC follow these steps:
- Open VLC media player and Click On “Media” to Select “Open Network Stream”. CTRL + N is the shortcut to perform this task.
- Open Youtube and head over to your Favourite Video, Copy the URL of the youtube video which will look like https://www.youtube.com/watch……
- Once you have copied the URL simply Paste it there where it says Enter the network url and Click Play.
You will see that the Video is Streaming in VLC Smoothly.
2. Convert Videos with VLC
- Open VLC media player and Click On “Media” which is located at top right corner. Now SelectConver/Save. Or Alternatively you can simply Press “CTRL + R”.
- You Can Download Latest Version of VLC Media Player Here
- Now a Window will open a pop up , Simply click on Add and choose the file you want to convert, now Click on Convert/save.
Then Select the type of the file you want it to conver to. You can even tweak the video encoding. Thats it, and this is how you can convert any video in VLC media Player.
3.Audio and Video Effects
- Open VLC media player, click on Tools > Effects and Filters.
- Click on Audio Effect if you want to add effects if you are playing audio or Click on Video effect to add effects in a video file.
- Now Play around and make changes to add effects which will take place live.
You can make changes in the form of Brightness, Hue etc. Other tabs like syncronization is there to add effects too.
4. Take Snapshot in VLC:
All you need to do to take snap is Right click on the video while its playing, Hover your Mouse on Video option in Context Menu and Select Take Snapshot.
Its as Easy as that but Comes Very Handy at times.
5. Use Video as Desktop Wallpaper Using VLC:
- To do this, open VLC’s preferences window, click the Video icon, and select DirectX (DirectDraw)video output in the Output box.
- Restart VLC, and Load a video, and you’ll be able to click the Video menu and select Set as Wallpaper to turn the video into your desktop wallpaper.
- When everything is done, just change VLC’s Output setting back to Automatic and restart it.
6. Just for fun
- Open VLC media player
- Press Ctrl+N
- type screen://
- Click on play
- Now wait and watch